I just realized that my Weebly site is going to get unpublished tomorrow so decided to review some posts that you might want to see here and found this!
What products do you use?I have a wide range of brand options for each makeup product category that I use depending on the client's skin type, needs and preference:
- Airbrush Makeup - Mistair
- Skincare - Alchemy Beauty, Bioderma, Embryolisse, Glossier, Hadalabo, The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ, Lucas Papaw, Simple
- Primer - BECCA, Face to Face Super Matte Anti-shine, Hourglass, MAC, Mehron Skin Prep
- Foundation/ Concealer - Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, Kryolan, Make Up For Ever, NARS
- Powder - Laura Mercier & RCMA
- Brows - K-Palette, MAC, Maybelline
- Liners - K-Palette, Prestige
- Mascara - Lancome, Maybelline
- Colors (Eyes, Cheeks & Lips) - BECCA, Benefit, Cargo, Chanel, Charlotte Tilbury, Estee Lauder, Hourglass, Kevyn Aucoin, Loreal, Makeup Designory, Make Up For Ever, Maybelline, NARS, Prestige, Tarte, Tom Ford, Viseart
- Lash Glue - Duo & Lash Grip
- Setting Spray - Kryolan
- Tools - Hakuhodo, Koji, She Uemura, Tom Ford, Zoeva
What is the difference between airbrush and traditional makeup application?
Airbrush makeup is faster and more beneficial for those who have overly sensitive skin since the pigments are deposited through compressed air which minimizes the friction that traditional sponges, brushes or tugging may cause, as these movements on the skin surface are required by traditional makeup in order to achieve a well-blended and thorough makeup application. For artists trained in traditional makeup for years, the longevity and flawless finish of traditional and airbrush should be the same. For those who have trained in airbrush first (which is the trend now) before honing their skills in traditional makeup, they may be better equipped using airbrush makeup compared to how they may do traditional, hence, the notion that airbrush is better than traditional is some cases.. So it all boils down to your preference :) airbrush makeup is more expensive because of the maintenance of the equipment involved in the makeup procedure even if actual pigments/ makeup for traditional makeup products may be more expensive.
Do you accept pencil bookings?
I require a 50% downpayment to reserve a date :)
Is the groom part of the package? What entails grooming for the groom?
Grooming for the groom is free for the Wedding Package provided that he is also billeted in the same preparations venue as the bride (separate rooms most of the time). This includes hairstyling, skincare, mattifier and a light dusting of powder.
Do I have to have a hair and makeup trial? How soon? How do I prepare?
I highly encourage that you do even if you're already decided to save the date in advance so we can practice your wedding day look and build a rapport. The best time to have your hair and makeup trial is when you'll either wear it to a similar event, before heading out to your engagement pictorial or at your final gown fitting so you can see the complete look. The earlier, the better or whenever the previously mentioned scenarios will occur. What's important to note is that we will need to have an idea on what look you gravitate to so gather photos of looks that appeal to you the most in terms of hairstyle and makeup so we can discuss how these translate to your unique features and your overall look. The length and type of veil you plan to wear is crucial too in deciding what hairstyle to wear so best if you already have an idea for that.